Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Basil, Feta & Roasted Pepper Muffins, Bacon Scones, Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves

I just couldn't wait to try these bread recipes, so I did all three for a variety.

The square muffins shown were made with a regular red pepper instead of roasted peppers and tasted fine in my opinion. These look so colorful on a plate and were extremely moist. I could have eaten the whole batch by myself.

The other square bread shown was actually a scone recipe incorporating onions, bacon and cheese. I topped mine with a bit of extra cheese. It makes a delicious and heahlty breakfast serving even without the suggested scrambled eggs as a side dish. One of these in the morning kicks off the day in a happy way!

The blueberry bread was a recipe similar to one I found that uses agave. This bread has a strong orange taste due to the orange juice as an ingredient. The orange flavor compliments the blueberry flavor avery well. I'm glad I came across this one in the magazine this month. If the berries have a positive effect on the aging process, eating allot of this one will keep me young!

For the recipe click here! (BFR-Pepper Muffins)

For the recipe click here!(Bacon Scones)

For the recipe click here! (Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment