Monday, June 14, 2010

Araby Spice Cake

The recipe calls for "cake flour" and beating the batter on high speed for 1 minutes a the end of the mixing process. My experience has taught me that this heavy beating only adds too much air to the batter and the cake generally falls in the oven. However, I followed the mixing instructions, baked the cake and cross my fingers for good luck!

To my disappointment, the cake did fall in the last 5 minutes of baking. I let it cool, dumped it onto a rack and then with a soup bowl cut out the center of the cake. It appeared acceptable, so I lined the inside edge with a decorative chocolate frosting finish, on top sprinkled a litte powdered sugar and served it anyway. I wanted to let the office experience the taste, not the cake as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment