Monday, June 28, 2010

Aunt Di's Bittersweet-Chocolate Frosted Layered Cake

The recipe calls for cake flour to create the batter. I have not had good luck with the use of this ingredient in the past. This time I slowly mixed in the flour so as not to add any air. Regardless of my efforts to make a beautiful looking cake, it did not rise much in the oven. Oh well, I frosted it up and served it anyway. You can fill the center of a cake with allot of frosting and still make it presentable in my opinion. Thank goodness for chocolate ice cream and this small visual touch will improve the look of any dessert!

The vanilla flavored batter was basic, but everyone in the office raved about the frosting. I really liked the texture and flavor of it and it went on so smoothly. I would use the frosting recipe time and time again on any dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment