Monday, February 1, 2010

The Barefoot Contessa's Sour Cream Coffee Cake

This had a nice and subtle taste to it, just like coffee cake should have on a plate. It really was less sweet than a regular dessert cake. I mixed the streusel with my fingers rather than a wooden spoon, just to get my "fingers in the cooking." I liked the streusel layer in the middle of the batter layers, along with the streusel topping. It made the cake interesting to see and eat. I spread the streusel with a spatula evenly across the cake. Not a good idea. I would suggest just dropping it in crumbs and leave be on the cake.

The maple flavor glaze was my favorite part of the whole presentation. I put the glaze in a zip-lock sandwich bag and tipped off the corner of the bag to drizzle easily. I went from center to back and back to center again until I had covered the top of the cake in a circular pattern. The cake looked like it was ready "to be on parade."

No comments:

Post a Comment