Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stephen Pyle's Heaven and Hell Cake


This cakes a winner amongst peanut butter lovers. Others, who could give or take peanut butter, said that it looks better than it tastes. The book says that the recipe came from a chef in Texas and the waitress said that it got it name because "it's heaven on your lips and hell on your hips."

The original cake is made from layering devil's food cake, angel food cake and peanut butter mouse'. I wanted to forgo the devil's food cake and utilize a red velvet cake recipe from the book. I felt that since the red velvet cake had a cocoa base that it would work well. So I did! The cake was a success and it took almost 8 hours of baking and prepping to complete the cake. I would make it again, but not rate it as one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment