Monday, April 5, 2010

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

This would be my list as a substitute for "lava cake," but easier to serve in a larger group or dinner setting. The difficulty with this cake is that you cannot ever tell when it is done because the center is to remain soft and gooey. It was a constant guessing game. I made it three times in one day before serving to the office staff.

The first time I baked it too long and it was not gooey enough for my expectation and appeared like a standard cake. The second time I made it, it was too gooey and the cake sat upright in form after coming out of the pan for 45 seconds, then flattened to look like a chocolate pancake. The third time, I realized that it was not like a flowing lava cake, but more like a moist brownie on the inside and more cake-like on the outside. I decided to zap it in the microwave for 20 seconds before serving each plate. The warm chocolate center, crusty outside topped with chocolate ganache and strawberry made it a favorite for pure chocolate lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment