Monday, April 26, 2010

Paula Deen's Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake

I really enjoyed the taste of this cake. It was simple to prepare and a favorite of many in the office. There was something wonderful about the combination of the toasted almonds, the almond flavoring and the cream cheese frosting that made it hard to not eat more and more and more!

I over mixed the batter and it had too much air before going into the oven, as a result the cake fell. I kept baking it hoping the center would cook thoroughly. I ended up cutting off the bottom of the cake because it was cooked to a crisp and filling the cavity with frosting. I'll just admit it now, I failed in the baking section, but in the presentation part the cake was a winner! Next time I prepare it I'll know better and I can hardly wait to make and serve it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment